Topical Module Local Administration Option
Are you interested in administering a NSSE Topical Module during your NSSE “off-year”—for example, using the Academic Advising module to assess your improvements to advising practices?
Would you like to use a NSSE Topical Module to survey a specific student group on a topic of interest—for example, to ask your sophomores questions in the Global Learning module?
NSSE’s new Topical Module Local Administration Option offers recently participating institutions the opportunity to license Topical Modules and to administer them locally during their years off from NSSE participation. Institutions that participated in a standard NSSE administration at least once over the past three years are eligible for this option.
WHAT DOES A LOCAL ADMINISTRATION ENTAIL?
- Administration: Institutions are responsible for all details of the survey administration, such as programming the Topical Module(s) online (or printing paper surveys) and recruiting respondents.
- Reporting: Institutions produce their own reports. Means and frequencies from the standard NSSE administration of Topical Modules are posted on the NSSE website and can be referenced by institutions for benchmarking.
- Cost: A fee of $400 is assessed for licensing one module; each additional module is an additional $100, as detailed below. Institutions can license a maximum of four modules simultaneously.
|1 Module||2 Module||3 Module||4 Module|
READY TO GET STARTED?
Step 2: Within approximately one week you will be emailed an Item Use Agreement. Review, sign, and return the agreement by email.
Step 3: A completed agreement and administration instructions will be returned to you by email. An invoice will be sent separately. Payment is due within 30 days.
Timeline: Allow between 1-3 weeks to complete Steps 1-3 described above.
Payment: Invoices less than $500 may be paid by credit card. Invoices greater than $500 require payment by check or ACH. Your invoice will include specific remittance details.
WHAT ARE MORE EXAMPLES OF BEST USES OF NSSE’S TOPICAL MODULE LOCAL ADMINISTRATION OPTION?
- Informing quality improvement initiatives: Use the Experiences with Writing module to collect baseline data on the quality of student writing, and schedule a follow-up administration to assess the impact of your improvement efforts.
- Evaluating grant activities: Study the effectiveness of your grant-funded enhancements of educational technology with the Learning with Technology module.
- Gaining input from specific student groups: Administer the Inclusiveness and Engagement with Cultural Diversity module to evaluate the impact of diversity programs in shaping the campus experiences of your sophomores or juniors.
Click below for a full description of each module.