Data & Results Guides
NSSE is committed to providing helpful guides and resources for working with NSSE data and results. See the following for tips and recommendations for digging deeper and making the most of your NSSE administrations
- Using NSSE Data. An introductory guide describing approaches to using NSSE results and reports.
- NSSE Data User's Guide. The NSSE Data User's Guide is designed to help campus and system leaders facilitate workshops, presentations, and discussions about using NSSE results.
- Accreditation Toolkits. Learn how to use NSSE results in your institution’s regional and professional accreditation efforts.
- Tips for More Inclusive Data Sharing and Analysis. This guide offers an approach to data sharing and analysis that embraces diversity and promotes inclusion, whether in preparing reports for internal stakeholders or conducting research to share externally.
- NSSE Additional Comment Prompts: Using Students' Open-Ended Reponses. This resource describes the four open-ended prompts institutions may choose and offers tips and examples for using student comments in assessment.
- Guidelines for Display of NSSE Results. Posting standard NSSE-generated reports, such as the Snapshot or Engagement Indicators can be helpful. However, we encourage institutions to go a step further by displaying NSSE results in modified, accessible formats for internal and external audiences.
- Sharing and Disseminating NSSE Results. View examples and advice from the collective experience of participating NSSE schools.
- NSSE Item Campuswide Mapping. Find connections between NSSE results and the interests of campus units as well as ways to facilitate data sharing, campuswide involvement, and action on NSSE results.
- Effective Educational Practice Documented. Explore what NSSE’s Project DEEP learned about college and university practices that promote student engagement and success.
- Contextualizing NSSE Effect Sizes. View guidelines for analysis and proposed reference values for interpreting NSSE benchmark comparison effect sizes.
- Cognitive Interviews and Focus Groups. View step-by-step guidelines for conducting cognitive interviews and focus groups that contextualize and illuminate NSSE results.