Click the links below to learn about innovative and accessible ways institutions, faculty, staff, and others are using NSSE data to improve the undergraduate experience.
Explore our multi-volume growing repository of instructive and inspiring stories of institutions' evidence-based improvement initiatives and practical uses of NSSE data to enhance undergraduate teaching and learning.
- Lessons from the Field—Volume 4: Digging Deeper to Focus and Extend Data Use, released in August 2017, features examples of NSSE data use by 23 institutions in their efforts to respond to accreditation, create specialized reports, increase access to data, share results across campus, and enhance instructional practice.
- Using Data to Catalyze Change on Campus: Lessons from the Field–Volume 3 offers examples from 25 institutions illustrating various effective uses of NSSE results including the updated measures and redesigned reports introduced with NSSE's 14th administration in 2013.
- Lessons from the Field: Transitioning to the Updated NSSE gives brief accounts of how four institutions maximized the transition to the updated NSSE.
- Moving from Data to Action: Lessons from the Field–Volume 2 represents through 23 institutional examples the growing body of collective wisdom about the use of student engagement results to improve educational quality.
- Using NSSE to Assess and Improve Undergraduate Education: Lessons from the Field–Volume 1 captures in 19 institutional experiences key emerging lessons about using student engagement results to enhance college teaching and learning.