The FSSE survey customization phase helps ensure a successful spring FSSE administration. The customization process requires several related tasks as described below. Institutions also participating in the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) should consult the overview document on the NSSE Interface.
Customization is open between October 4th and January 21st
The customization phase consists of optional tasks (selecting Topical Modules, consortium participation, changing the recruitment message signatory, and selecting a recruitment message schedule) and the required task of uploading a population file.
Choose among the following options to customize the FSSE survey for your campus. These features are optional, but it is highly recommended that you take full advantage of customization options to make the most of your FSSE administration.
- Topical modules – append up to two extra question sets to the core survey. All module survey items are posted to the Institution Interface as well as our website to facilitate your review and final selections.
- Consortium – choose to participate in a consortium that administers additional questions (if participating in a NSSE consortium)
- Select recruitment calendar – choose from several options to create your instructional staff recruitment mailing schedule
- Create pre-survey announcement message – this message will be sent by your campus to instructional staff approximately one week before the FSSE invitation message.
- Customize invitation message – customize the FSSE instructional staff signatory
Required tasks for all FSSE participants include the following:
- Submit population file – upload an Excel CSV file of instructional staff according to FSSE population file specifications
- Select grouping variable – during the required population file submission, determine whether you will use an optional grouping variable.