Registration for NSSE & FSSE 2022 opens July 1; look for an email with more information then!
The National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) is a trusted and widely used instrument for assessing the quality of undergraduate education—providing institutions diagnostic, actionable information that fosters and catalyzes evidence-based improvement efforts.
Recent enhancements to NSSE include:
- Timely Topical Modules: As always, a comprehensive suite of Topical Modules is available, including inclusiveness and cultural diversity, and two new modules to assess quality in online education and career and workforce preparation
- New Items on Effective Teaching: Beginning in 2021 the survey includes four new items related to effective teaching practices
- Customizable End-of-Survey Prompt: Institutions may now append their own end-of-survey open-ended comment prompt as an alternative to NSSE’s four standard options
- Content on Students' Sense of Belonging: Three items examining students' sense of belonging were added to NSSE in the 2020 administration
- Free Portal/LMS Recruitment: The option to post individualized NSSE survey links in institutional portals and learning management systems is now available for no extra fee