The Faculty Survey of Student Engagement (FSSE) was designed to complement the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE), which is administered to undergraduate students. FSSE measures instructional staff (faculty, instructors, graduate students who teach, etc.) expectations for student engagement in educational practices that are empirically linked with student learning and development. FSSE focuses on:
- How often instructional staff use effective teaching strategies;
- How much instructional staff encourage students to collaborate;
- The nature and frequency of student interactions with instructional staff;
- Opportunities for students to engage diverse perspectives;
- The importance instructional staff place on increasing institutional support for students;
- The importance instructional staff place on various areas of learning and development; and
- How instructional staff organize their time, both in and out of the classroom.
The following links are to facsimiles of the online FSSE items as they appear to the instructional staff. For information about licensing FSSE items, send a message to email@example.com. Use of the copyrighted FSSE survey without permission is prohibited.