The National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE), a longstanding assessment and research project at the Indiana University Center for Postsecondary Research, is seeking a Marketing Assistant (PT) to develop project communications to multiple audiences, including media and higher education leaders, create and execute marketing campaigns, coordinate social media, design promotional materials, and post to project website.
Marketing Assistant (PT), National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE)
The Marketing Assistant position is an appointed staff position working 20 hours per week.
- Under supervision, performs routine administrative tasks related to marketing, such as drafting and editing communications for specific target audiences, packaging, promoting, and/or delivering promotional or educational materials, organizing promotional events, performing marketing research, and/or assisting with special projects.
- Assists with editing and production of marketing materials, procurement of promotional and educational materials, packaging and distribution of marketing direct mail and email distribution, and maintenance of contact lists for vendors and marketing populations.
- Monitors relevant social media, websites, and group email accounts and respond to customer inquiries to provide information and explain policies, procedures, and programs.
- Manages accuracy of mailing and distribution lists; makes regular updates as there are staffing and/or process changes.
- Prepares reports, marketing timelines, and calendars; monitors progress of marketing initiatives toward relevant deadlines, project timelines, programs, and strategies.
- May serve as a resource to lower-level Marketing Assistants.
Required: High school diploma or GED.
Required: 2 years in a relevant field.
- Proficient communication skills.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Highly thorough and dependable.
Working Conditions / Demands
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
Career Level: Intermediate
Job Function: Marketing & Communications
Job Family: Marketing
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.