Thank you for registering for the Beginning College Survey of Student Engagement (BCSSE, pronounced “Bessie”). The purpose of this document is to help guide you through the BCSSE paper administration process. Feel free to contact your Project Services Team if you have any other questions we can help with.
What is your role as the Campus Project Manager (CPM) or Campus Administrative Contact (CAC)?
The CPM and CAC have three major responsibilities:
- Serve as the link between your institution and BCSSE staff.
As the designated BCSSE contact between your institution and BCSSE staff, you will serve as the campus coordinator for your institution. In this role, you will oversee and support all BCSSE project activities on your campus. This includes acting as the link between BCSSE staff and the institution, as well as between BCSSE staff and your students being surveyed.
- Coordinate the survey administration process.
The campus coordinator is also responsible for coordinating the administration, collection, and return of paper surveys. It is important to remember that each student must receive a printed informed consent with their paper survey. The informed consent was included in your box shipment and is also available on the BCSSE interface. Paper surveys are typically administered during a group session (eg., Orientation or Welcome Week).
- Ensure proper handling and return shipment of completed paper surveys.
In order to avoid damage that may cause difficulties when scanning your returned paper surveys:
- Please instruct staff to handle surveys with care at all times.
- Please follow the packing and shipping instructions carefully when returning completed surveys. Shipping information was included in the box shipment and is also available on the BCSSE interface.
- Please do not fold, staple, attach, clip, or in any other way alter the surveys.