A typical NSSE administration cycle runs from registration opening in early-July to Institutional Reports delivery in mid-August. Once an institution registers, it can begin strategizing promotion, recruitment, and customization. We encourage you to click through the resources linked within the timeline before registering.
Contact NSSE with questions regarding the administration timeline.
Administration Timeline Overview
Summer: Register and Plan
- Register for NSSE (July to October)
- View NSSE webinars on survey administration
- Plan promotion and recruitment strategy
Fall / Winter: Survey Prepartion
Winter / Early Spring: Survey Launch
- Survey administration opens (late February/early March)
- Monitor administration progess with NSSE-provided resources
- Send up to 3 additional reminder messages from school servers
Late Spring: Survey Close
- Customize comparison groups and major field groups
- Survey administration closes (May)
Summer / Fall: Data & Reports Released
For a more comprehensive administration timeline, visit the Administering NSSE webpage.