We are thrilled to commemorate twenty years of NSSE! Since its first national administration in 2000, more than 1,600 bachelor’s degree-granting institutions—from research universities to baccalaureate colleges—have adopted NSSE as an important component of their assessment programs.
Celebrating NSSE's 20th!
NSSE has helped focus the national discourse about college quality on teaching and learning and has provided colleges and universities diagnostic, actionable data to inform the improvement of undergraduate education.
Here are just a few of the noteworthy accomplishments in NSSE’s history:
- Over 5 million students surveyed
- More than 600 accounts of NSSE data-informed institutional action
- Since 2004, over 880 institutions have participated in a FSSE administration
- Documented the benefits of “High-Impact Practices” in 2007
- Confirmed that most of the variability in the student experience occurs between students within institutions, not between institutions