Use of Logos
Institutions may use NSSE, FSSE, or BCSSE logos in their efforts to encourage students to participate in the survey. Institutions have used the logo on promotional materials such as:
- posters and flyers
- radio announcements
- Web site news items or e-newsletters
- YouTube videos
- slide presentations
- computer lab screensavers
Logos can also be incorporated into reports or studies of how NSSE results have been disseminated across campus, in Web displays of NSSE results, and in recruitment materials.
Find examples of materials that encourage survey participation and both print and Web examples how institutions have shared their results.
We encourage you to send us examples of the materials you are producing which feature any of the survey logos. Please contact your Project Services team for details.
Purpose of Logo Use Policy
The purpose of this policy is to provide guidance on permissible use of NSSE, FSSE, and BCSSE logos.
- Any individual, organization, or group wishing to use the NSSE, FSSE, or BCSSE logo must follow the permission guidelines below.
Note: If you are not an institution that participates in NSSE or its related surveys and are inquiring about use of NSSE, FSSE, or BCSSE logos or content, please email NSSE.
By downloading and using the trademarks (Property) found herein, you agree to be bound by the following terms:
- You recognize that the Property represents the high quality standards and reputation of Indiana University. Your use of the Property shall be limited solely to educational research and assessment, and the goodwill from all such use shall inure to the benefit of Indiana University.
- You acknowledge the Trustees of Indiana University’s exclusive right, title, and interest in and to the Property and shall not at any time do or cause to be done any act or thing contesting or in any way impairing or intending to impair any part of such right, title, and interest. You agree not to use the Property in any way which would be considered immoral or scandalous or in any manner which would harm or disparage the reputation of Indiana University.
- Indiana University shall from time to time prescribe rules regarding the manner in which you may utilize the Property. You agree to use Property only in a manner that is consistent with Indiana University’s guidelines for the Property. Any materials created by you bearing the Property shall meet Indiana University’s standards.
- You will not alter, modify, or make derivative works of the Property or any part thereof.
- You will not sublicense, publish, sell, assign, transfer, or otherwise make the Property available to third parties.
- You agree to immediately stop using the Property if requested to do so by Indiana University.