If you will be in the Big Apple for the AERA annual meeting April 13 – 17, be sure to add sessions from NSSE researchers to your conference agenda! Find sessions below or explore the full list of presentations here.
Friday, April 13
- Stupnisky, R.H., BrckaLorenz, A., Yuhas, B., & Guay, F. 12 – 1:30 p.m. Sheraton New York Times Square, 3rd flooor, Carnegie East Room. "Faculty Motivation for Teaching: Testing a Self-Determination Theory-Based Model Across Institution Types."
- Wang, X., Ribera, A., & Paulsen, J. 12 – 1:30 p.m. New York Marriott Marquis, Fifth Floor, Westside Ballroom Salon 1. "An Investigation of the Effect of Ignoring Extreme Survey Response Style."
- Greathouse, M., BrckaLorenz, A., Hoban, M., Rankin, S., & Stolzenberg, E., 2:15 – 3:45 p.m. New York Marriott Marquis, 7th flooor, Empire/Hudson Room. "Emerging Research on Queer-Spectrum and Trans-Spectrum Students in Higher Education." (symposium)
- Zerquera, D., Gonzales, L. D., McCormick, A. C., & Torres, V. 2:15 – 3:45 p.m. New York Marriott Marquis, Fourth Floor, Ziegfeld "Prestige Seeking in an Era of Globalized Third-Party Quality Assessment." (symposium)
- BrckaLorenz, A., Nelson Laird, T. F., Yuhas, B., & Strickland, J. 4:05 – 5:35 p.m. New York Marriott Marquis,5th floor, Westside Ballroom Salon 1. "Faculty Types and Effective Teaching: A Cautionary Exploration of How Faculty Spend Their Time."
Saturday, April 14
- Miller, A. L. & Silberstein, S. 8:15 – 9:45 a.m. New York Hilton Midtown, Third Floor, Americas Hall 1-2 – Exhibit Hall. "Are Faculty Who Teach Honors Courses Really More Engaging?"
Sunday, April 15
- BrckaLorenz, A., Kinzie, J., Hurtado, S., & Sanchez, B. 10:35 – 12:05 p.m. New York Marriott Marquis, Fifth Floor, Westside Ballroom Salon 1. "Exploring Perspectives on Culturally Inclusive Practice: Institutional Emphasis of Diversity, Inclusive Coursework, and Student Gains."
- Fosnacht, K., Dugan, B. J., & Merckle, R. 10:35 – 12:05 p.m. New York Hilton Midtown, 3rd flooor, Americas Hall 1-2. "Undergraduate Financial Knowledge and the Efficacy of Financial Education Programming: An Exploratory Analysis"
- Nelson Laird, T. F., Hurtado, S. S., & Yuhas, B. 10:35 – 12:05 p.m. New York Marriott Marquis, 5th floor, Westside Ballroom Salon 1. "Measuring the Diversity Inclusivity of College Courses: an Update."
- Silberstein, S. & BrckaLorenz, A. 10:35 – 12:05 p.m. New York Marriott Marquis, Fifth Floor, Westside Ballroom Salon 1. "Student and Faculty Perspectives on the Emphasis of Inclusive and Culturally Engaging Coursework."
Monday, April 16
- Copridge, K., Cole, J., Lange, A., & Lane Hall, A. 8:15 – 9:45 a.m. Millenium Broadway New York Times Square, 8th floor, Gallery 8. "Experiences and Expectations of Rural Black and Latinx Incoming Freshmen."
- Wang, R. & A. Ribera, A. 4:05 – 5:35 p.m. New York Marriott Marquis, Fifth Floor, Westside Ballroom Salon 2. "Strategic Approach to Reading: Understanding Its Impact on First-Year Students’ Reflective and Integrative Learning Skills."
Tuesday, April 17
- Mu, L., & Cole, J. 10:35 – 12:05 p.m. New York Marriott Marquis, 4th floor, Brecht Room. "Dimensions of Expectations: How it Breaks Freshman the Myth."